Welcome to the information and registration page for the RMD Summer Sadhana Shivir and Hindu Family Camp. The program is currently scheduled for July 18 – Aug 02. We are preparing for the Camp and hope to be able to host it on the planned dates. However, with the current uncertainty related to restrictions to control the spread of the coronavirus, we cannot know for sure if that will be possible. For that reason, we have not opened registration at this time. As soon as the situation becomes clearer, we will open the registration.
Sadhana Shivir & Hindu Family Camp at Radha Madhav Dham – A Unique Spiritual Experience, July 18 – Aug 02.
What can I gain by attending the Sadhana Shivir and Hindu Family Camp?
The Sadhana Shivir (Devotional Intensive) & Hindu Family Camp at Radha Madhav Dham is a wonderful opportunity for spiritual aspirants of all ages to:
- Understand the fundamental concepts of Hindu philosophy.
- Evolve their inner spirituality and come closer to Radha Krishna through learning the practices of roop dhyan (meditation) and raganuga bhakti (devotion).
- Cultivate positive character virtues.
- Meet other like-minded families and establish friendships that support their interest in Hinduism.
- Develop devotional skills to help keep the mind engaged in God through creative means.
- Increase their appreciation of Hindu culture and pride in being Hindu.
- Learn the value of selfless service.
What is the difference between Week 1 and Week 2?
To enhance the devotional benefits you receive, there is an important difference between the Week 1 and Week 2 programs:
- Week 1 is in the form of a Hindu Family Camp, so it includes parallel programming for kids age 3-18, in addition to the customary devotional program for adults. For children (age 7-18), Camp enrollment is limited to the ones who will be in attendance for the ENTIRE week 1. Teen (age 14-18) participation in the Family Camp is by invitation only. Please note a new supervision policy for this Camp: All parents with kids (age 3-18) participating in the Camp will be required to fill one supervision slot during the lunch/dinner breaks; women will provide supervision in the women’s/girls’ dorm in the AYC and men will provide supervision in the men’s/boys’ dorm in Gopal Bhavan. You can self-select your supervision slot during the registration process.
- Week 2 focuses exclusively on the Sadhana and does not offer any parallel programming for kids age 3-18. Kids who are interested in doing sadhana may attend the Sadhana Shivir with their parents. There is no restriction on when to arrive or depart.
Devotion & Seva: The Foundation of the Whole Experience
Both weeks of the Camp feature the opportunity to:
- learn from the preachers of JKP through lectures and interactive classes
- engross your mind in the bliss of extended chanting sessions
- engage in doing seva in the ashram
To make the Camp experience more accessible to first-time participants and families with kids, Week 1 includes extra enrichment activities like:
- Parallel classes for kids age 3-18
- Drum/Dholak class
- Harmonium class
- Ayurveda class
- Prasad Making class
- Dance class
- Arts and Crafts
- Stage Performances
- Outdoor games
There is no registration fee to participate in Shivir or Camp activities. The following overnight accommodation rates will apply:
- Dorm – $35 per Adult & $25 per child per night
- Room with common bath – $45 per Adult & $25 per child per night
- Room with attached bath – $60 per Adult & $30 per Child per night
- Day Camper – $20 per Adult & $15 per Child
We are offering the following overnight accommodation discounts to help you attend for a longer time, and to encourage new families to come for the first time:
- 15% discount for participants staying for nine nights or more
- 25% discount for new participants (attending Camp for the first time and staying for seven nights or more)
For accommodation questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Participation in the Teen program (age 14-18) is by invitation only. The Teen program at the Radha Madhav Dham Hindu Family Camp is an advanced and intensive course for teens who are already on the path of devotion, and who are serious about deepening their devotional knowledge and experiences. Therefore, this program is open only to a limited number of high-school-age participants (age 14-18) who have demonstrated a strong and sincere interest in devotion and seva. If you wish to inquire further, please call Nikhilanand Bhaiya at 512-914-9519, or email him at email@example.com. If you wish to see the invitation criteria, please click on this link: Message to Aspiring Teens
- Supervision of children:Week 1: All children age 13 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian during their entire stay at Radha Madhav Dham – this includes Day Campers. Guardianship can be delegated to a direct relative over the age of 25. Teens (age 14-18) can come without a parent or guardian, because RMD provides supervision through the use of volunteer Monitors.
All parents with kids (age 3-18) participating in the Camp will be required to fill one supervision slot during the lunch/dinner breaks; women will provide supervision in the women’s/girls’ dorm in the AYC and men will provide supervision in the men’s/boys’ dorm in Gopal Bhavan. We will reach out to you to schedule your supervision slot.
- Week 2 : All children age 17 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian during their entire stay at Radha Madhav Dham. Guardianship can be delegated to a direct relative over the age of 25.
For more information, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 512-288-7180